Ephemerisle 2011 took place during Jun 9-12, in the same location as the previous two years - the Mandeville Tip County Park on the Sacramento – San Joaquin River Delta ([http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207854270338809155245.0004864803082020221ed&ll=38.058837,-121.539345&spn=0.047915,0.098791&z=11 map]).
After having to rebrand the event “NotEphmerisle” (or “UnEphemerisle”) last year due to insurance and legal technicalities, this year The Seasteading Institute did not officially attempt to organize the event and let us use the name “Ephemerisle”. We rented out every houseboat in the region, built a 20x24 floating platform, brought around 200 people, and made the event an unequivocal success.
Read Matt Bell’s excellent summary of Ephemerisle 2011. Paul Bohm also write his thoughts on what made Ephemerisle a great occasion to connect.
Photos and videos
- 30-second 360-degree video of Ephemerisle City and panoramas
- Matt Bell’s Flickr set and video
- Flickr pictures tagged ephemerisle2011
- Darryl Hunt’s Picasa album
- Tanya’s Picasa album
- Bonnie’s Flickr set
- Testing Matt Bell’s game platform
- Ping’s pictures on Facebook
- Scott’s pictures on Shutterfly
- Cj Sewell’s pictures on Picasa
- Community Platform (aka “center stage”) - a 20x24ft. floating platform assembled on location
- BYOL design (Bring Your Own Land)
- Research on how to float structures
Talks and lectures
- (Most of the) Ephemerisle 2011 microtalks